Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can.

Last night I took a break from not-working and obsessively refreshing CNN.com and took my computer downstairs (I was at Josh's) to sit on the basement steps and watch this one more time:


I watched it, and it made me tear up a little - yes we can, yes we can, we must, we will. And then I came back upstairs and found Josh's roommates watching McCain give his concession speech. I teared up several times during Obama's speech. Today is a good day. We won an election, and we're winning back this country.

I've been supporting Obama for four years, ever since he spoke at the DNC in 2004, but I never really believed we were going to pull this off. Up until the last minute I felt sure young voters wouldn't turn out or the GOP would pull some dirty trick. But we won. We won.

I'm so proud.

3 comments:

Bill said...

For me the best part is that Obama won by expanding the base of people he was making his appeal to. He won in Indiana because he made a point of going there, and setting up an organization, which no Democrat had bothered to seriously attempt since 1964. That's the way to take the country back-- by being inclusive.

Another good part is that he is smart, and surrounded by smart people. Another good thing is that he is a brilliant speaker, which will be critical in uniting and motivating the country for what we have do do next.

Another good thing is that his daughters are getting a puppy.

TCA said...

Here in red country, people are sucking it up and saying aloud, "We will live with it".

I love America!

Greg said...

Yes, they will.

And then maybe they'll realize that it wasn't such a bad thing after all and start getting over what's held us back for the last 40 years.