Friday, May 2, 2008

Reach for the stars

On Wednesday, just as I turned the corner into the last leg of my run, SClub7's song "Reach for the Stars" came on my iPod, giving me exactly the jump-start I needed to finish my run in stride. That 99 cents is now officially worth it.

I'm now done with everything (unless Joan decides to make me redo my Tarski paper, heaven forbid) and it's clear that vacation does not suit me. It's nice not to feel like I have to be doing philosophy, but I really don't know what to do with myself. This morning I went for a run and got caught in the rain. Now it's still raining and I can't think of anything to do besides read or watch more Heroes. I mean, what are you supposed to do with leisure? I can't even go for a walk. I wish I still played with toys.

Also I want to buy ingredients to make chicken with green sauce and fish tacos (they have a lot of the same ingredients, and I picked up some tomatillos at the Asian grocery store yesterday) but a) it's raining and b) we're in need of many heavy staple items (flour, vegetable oil) and I know I won't be able to carry everything. I'd make Cufflinks drive me but he's in Missouri for his father's graduation. Krista's sister is coming to stay with us tomorrow (when did I find out about this? Oh, about ten minutes ago) and I want to cook as usual, but I really don't want to cook for three people when probably two of them won't notice what they eat. (This was a source of tension when Krista last had a guest - they ate my pasta alla puttanesca but nary a word of praise, nary a yummy sound.) It makes me feel (irrationally, I know) resentful. So I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Maybe I'll make chicken with green sauce and then make lots of leading remarks about how I don't think it's poison.

1 comment:

Lily said...

just don't do that when you visit us. I can't stand Da's little castings for compliments.