Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cozy

Sitting in my well-lit kitchen, working at the small, round table with the brown and yellow vintage tablecloth I got at a garage sale, reading The Foundations of Arithmetic and waiting for my oatmeal bread, which is making the apartment smell warmly of baking and molasses, to come out of the oven. When it does, I will have a slice with gingered butternut squash soup and a cup of Earl Grey. I am wearing my soft new beige sweater and brown corduroy pants. Outside my window, the sky is pink and purple over my neighbors' rooftops. This is a good way to spend an October evening.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Interesting problem: do you also have a coarse new beige sweater, is your beige sweater soft because it's new, or is it newly soft from some treatment applied? And what about the corduroys? Are they new/soft?