Monday, September 17, 2007

The Bells Are Ringing

I like the bells that I can hear from my bedroom. On the hour, they play a 16-note melody, and this fills me with satisfaction because 16 is the perfect square of a perfect square, and four is the number of sides of a square, and so I hear those sixteen BONGs every hour on the hour and it's pleasant. But I HATE hearing the twelve BONGs at quarter till, especially since they end on an open note, and it just keeps on being open for fifteen minutes, unresolved, and it makes me tense. And I also hate lying in bed, unable to sleep, and being able to time my insomnia in fifteen-minute units.

Went for a run today. It was hard going, but I pressed on. I love the Bryan Park run, because I can go straight through or I can break in the middle and use the exercise equipment, as I did today. Is playing on the jungle gym (excuse me: the "horizontal ladder") really working my arms? I don't know; but it's fun.

1 comment:

Greg said...

The horizontal ladder? What, no monkey bars?

How about a pommel horse?