Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sic Transit Gloria

Some years ago, this university was a powerhouse of logic. Then Jon Barwise died and Anil Gupta (with whom I have had dinner!) went to Pittsburgh and now Indiana can only dream of its former glory. They are actually a little bitter about it. Especially the Badger.

Today in Set Theory the Badger barked, "I was lucky enough to attend a university where logic was considered to be everything. Unlike this university, where logic is NOTHING!"

I was warned about this before I came. But it turns out they really meant it.

5 comments:

Greg said...

Well, that's logical.

Lily said...

Honey, they are looking to you. Take it slow, and return the Crimson & Cream to Logic Land. You can do it-- the scar on your forehead-- oh, wait...

Lily said...

Damn it, not LCA-- Me!

Lily said...

geez, da, quit stealing my identity!

TCA said...

See previous recent comments on your posts.