Thursday, September 18, 2008

Election

Grandma A. observed recently that there has been very little on any of our family's blogs regarding the election. In my case, this is because the subject makes me frothingly angry. I am hoping to run the half marathon next week wearing an Obama t-shirt, partially because I imagine it will inspire onlookers to call out, "Yes you can!" I'm also probably going to go ring bells and talk to morons swing voters with my friend Susan's beau. (How could anyone possibly not know whom they're voting for? Don't these people watch TV?) In the meantime, I find this very cheering:

3 comments:

Andrea said...

We will be cheering for you long distance as you run the 1/2. I love both your cheering strategy and your politics. Yes, you can and yes, he can too [God willing].
Good for you for getting out there to stump for Obama! We are also planning several weekends in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Greg said...

You could wear a Bob the Builder t-shirt, for that matter, if it's the mantra you want.

Your father owes me an Obama shirt. Please nag him for me.

TCA said...

The best shirt I've heard about says, "Jesus was a community organizer. Pontius Pilate was a governor".

Heck. If I can find one of THOSE shirts, I'LL run!

I've decided not to be frothingly angry this time. It serves no useful purpose. Knocking on doors and making phone calls is better. I'm doing the latter.