Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Susan, I speak Chinese, but that doesn't make me Mao Zedong

Today I had my coffee date with a Hungarian mathematician I met last semester at Speed Friending. He seems nice enough, if a little hard to understand, but the real reason I agreed to meet up with him today was that the last time we spoke, he told me he was playing Santa Claus for some Hungarian children at a party (of Hungarians, I guess. That part was never made entirely clear) which I found quite charming. It made me think of the scene in The Miracle on 34th Street where Kris Kringle speaks to the little orphan girl in Dutch. We talked about math, and it was fairly okay.

There is nothing in the house for dinner. Holly Sturgis would be appalled.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hungarians speak the best english, haven't you seen "My Fair Lady"?

Lily said...

How do you make the perfect salad?