Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Not a great day

Things that happened to me today:
  • I overslept.
  • I was late for my philosophy of mathematics discussion group
  • I was unable to say anything particularly intelligent about Kant because he's incomprehensible
  • I tried to get help on set theory from the guy who's subbing this week, but couldn't really understand him either
  • I was really rude to Value Theory Lad, who was in his office eating a sandwich while I was getting set theory help from his office-mate and who was being cheerful and friendly, but in a way which made it harder for me to focus on what the set theory guy was saying, and I said, "Don't you have something you could be doing? Sandwiches to eat?" Which was not called for.
  • I couldn't understand what was being said in my philosophy of language class. Am I, in fact, a native English speaker? Everyone around me just seems to be going "buzz buzz buzz" all the time.
  • I fell off my bike.
  • I couldn't do one of the proofs on my set theory homework.
  • I burned my tongue on very hot lentils.
I think I'll move to Australia.

3 comments:

Bill said...

The cascade effect of bad days. You forgot to mention:"I ate lentils".

Today will have to be better.

Andrea said...

On the other hand, if you are reading Cornelai Otis Skinner, life can't be all that bad.

Greg said...

C'mon down! We say rude things like 'go eat a sandwich' all the time, and nobody minds. In fact, we then go eat sandwiches together, and they're always toasted sandwiches.