Friday, April 11, 2008

No fun

The only thing worse than other people having fun when I am not is other people having REALLY LOUD fun when I am not.

Every day, every hour of the day, there are undergrads on porches, drinking beers, throwing beanbags into the beanbag-throwing boards everyone seems to have for some reason, and listening to music.

Do undergrads not have exams? I am writing a paper on Sartre and one on Tarski, plus I have another Sartre paper and an ethics paper I haven't even started yet, plus a project on word segmentation in Chinese. And I think I have a cold

One more month, and this town is mine.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I think it would be interesting to be on a campus like that, surrounded by undergrads. It is such a different culture from your people, the grad students. I wonder if they can even see you? Some can, probably-- the ones with a sort of second sight, but you appear as a ghostly figure.

It was a bit different being a law student. There were a lot of us, and we had our own building, and although we could see other students, we mostly didn't mingle-- why would we? Undergrads were visible, but we paid them no mind. They were like sparrows-- ubiquitous, but not very interesting to look at.